03 July, 2013

Dear Mara,


Mara Eden, you are my first. My first child, my first breath drawn from my lungs, the first sight I ever saw when my eyes opened, and you are every beat that my heart creates. I love your face that is constantly decorated in fruit conserve, and the way you tell me your tales. I love how concerned you get when you see an ambulance rush by and ask for the angels to come; I love all your eagerness to learn, and how you check the mail every afternoon.

You are endless, magnificent, beautiful energy in a tiny, growing shell. Thank you for picking me to be your momma, after three years (almost three and a half), I still am amazed by you, every. single. day, being your momma, is the best thing that ever, ever happened to me.

I love you,
Maman

No comments:

Post a Comment