03 July, 2013

Update from a Momma Wolf of Three.

Eisley is three months old today. I took a long break from blogging, I needed to be present. I needed to set aside any distraction that wasn't dire to our immediate well being and be with my family. The routine we had started establishing with two children quickly vanished into thin air when Eisley was born. I don't say this bitterly at all, it has just been a process of finding out what works for us as a clan of five now and not four.

We are still figuring at bedtime, as tandem nursing has been interesting, but so awesome and I am proud at my achievement. Our days are slowly coming together.

Every morning we get up, play a bit, have breakfast, and play a bit more. D comes home from work for his lunch, we drive him back, drop him off and head out to do something until it is time to head home for our lunch, nap, and go pick D back up from work. Then home for snack and play and then prepping supper.

A big change in the past three months has been with what we are purchasing for groceries, what we are keeping in the house, and what we are gravitating towards for our family food philosophy. Before Eisley was born we started getting into a raw diet. We had a pretty cheap juicer, and I kind of went crazy juicing everything I could, blowing our entire months food budget within ten days because I was so excited to be juicing. I've gotten much better at the budgeting, and I am looking forward to sharing those tips/tricks here with you.

I am very passionate about the benefits of eating a high raw, vegan diet. When I say the word diet, I do not mean calorie restriction, I mean what food we consume on a day to day basis. Right now what is working for us is plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables for breakfast and lunch and eating a lightly cooked vegan meal for supper (mainly for the kids) and a big salad of some sort.

I thought that once I switched to a high raw, vegan diet I would be instantly healthy. This is true and false, for me. It may be different for others, but I wasn't listening to my body. I've lost thirty four pounds in three months, but I was/am really out of shape and in need of building up my physical and mental stamina, I'm overweight and need to drop about sixty pounds, and I am deficient in a lot of things that the body needs to function beautifully; iron, calcium, and all sorts of other vitamins. (I quit taking my prenatal vitamin because it is corn based, and the company could not verify if it was NON-GMO. Another thing we have changed in the past two months or so, strictly organic. Screw Monsanato. Anyway, I will save that for another post, on another day, but right now I needed to get this blog off my chest.)

This blog started off as a family journal, and it still is, but right now I want to use this space to share with others, and hopefully motivate, inspire, and nurture others interests and goals, as well as hold myself accountable for what I need to do to holistically heal my body and be the very best me that I can be. I mean, after all, a momma wolf, needs to be in tip top shape to keep the positive den vibes flowing.

I will be sharing my budgeting tips/tricks, juice recipes, and weight loss journey through a high raw, vegan diet soon. So be sure to come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment